Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hokey Vintage Parental Catchphrases You May Wish to Employ

Parental catchphrases, of course, are one of the keys to Good Parenting. No doubt you'll come up with your own, but here are some to get you started, inspired by this thread:
  • "I didn't know him from a bale of hay."
  • "We're off, like a herd of turtles!"
  • "Be good. But if you can't be good, be careful!"
  • "If size meant anything, a cow could catch a rabbit."
  • "He's happier than a mule eating briars."
  • "Now we're cooking with gas."
  • "Into every life, a little rain must fall."
  • "Well, it's better than a kick in the bum."
  • "Hold on, Buster Brown, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck!"
  • "I see, said the blind man, as he picked up a hammer and saw."
  • "It'll never be noticed on a galloping horse."
  • "Well, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."
  • "Hurryin' up is the mother of screwin' up."
  • "You bet your sweet bippy!"
I can't wait to hear what you come up with, and to hear your child tell me--15 years down the road--"Mom always tells me..." and "Dad always says..."

No comments:

Post a Comment