Wednesday, May 20, 2009

THANK YOU!

(I posted this as a comment on the very first message but I don't know if everyone will go back and read the comments, and wanted to make sure that you would all see it, so I'm cutting and pasting it here now that Celeste has added us as contributors:)

YOU GUYS! Awwwww, you people! This is the awesomest, most beautiful, most thoughtful baby shower EVER, and I cannot BELIEVE what you have been up to behind our backs! Thank you thank you thank you for doing this. What a gift to us and the kid! The whole thing makes me tear up something awful, which may not be saying much, since many things bring tears to my eyes in these hormonal times, from the cry of a total stranger's baby to the stalky mushrooms growing on our living room wall (yes really), but few tears have been as cockle-warming (cockle-warmed?) as the ones that welled up in the wake of this unveiling.

All these gorgeous poems and bits! And outpourings of love! And wee Phoebe with her dog brothers! And those creepy computer-generated babies.... er, actually, never mind those. I'm just going to pretend they're not here.

Enormous hugs to all of you, and a special thank you to Ayelet and Celeste for thinking this up! After Ayelet adds us as contributors we will, well, contribute something. Maybe pictures of me in all my bladder-bursting glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment